Easter is around the corner and the seatrout season is all over us here in Norway, I haven’t been out fishing because of a bad neck, but in between I can test out some new material. I hadn’t heard anything about this before, but I stopped by the local flytying shop and picked up some colors to create some baitfish in something other than craft fur.
The material is very good to work with, it stays in place and when testing it out in the sink it seems like the material stays in place and doesn’t interfere much with the hook, but I’ll get to test that out soon. I created one larger baitfish and one where I tried to go as slim as possible (still working on less-is-more). The bigger one with blue back I also added some lead on two of them to see how they are to throw and how they will behave once I get to test them out in real conditions.
Once I get to see how the material behaves I might pick up some darker green and red to create a bigger set of baitfish, and I have a couple that are really big, this material stays in place and forms very nice: think big pike flies and big saltwater flies! But more about that later.